Intermittent fasting has become very popular again but its been around forever. In this article I want to give you and over view so you can get going in this right away.
- Leptin and insulin sensitivity which reduces the risk of chronic disease from diabetes to heart disease and even cancer.
- Ghrelin levels also known as the hunger hormone which reduces over eating.
- Your ability to become fat adapted, which causes your body to burn stored fat for energy.
- Triglyceride levels which decreases your risk of heart disease.
- Inflammation and free radical damage
- Weight gain and metabolic disease risk
WHAT TO EAT:
- Lean protein (fish, chicken, eggs, lean beef, etc)
- Green Vegetables
- Grass fed butter
- Whey Isolate protein
- Coconut oil
WHEN TO EAT:
Eat for 8 hours and fast for 16 hours.
There are many ways to do this. You can also fast for 24 hours once or twice a week but I like eating for 8 hours and fasting for 16 hours. I start eating at 1:00 PM and Stop eating at 9:00 PM. I think fast from 9:00 PM to 1:00 PM